John ConoverSenior Scientist
John Conover is a key member of the scientific staff of First Call Environmental. His job is to leverage the newest technologies and processes for the analysis and management of contaminated areas. He works with other First Call scientists to determine the best way to use bioremediation, reclamation, reuse of spill waste products to dispose of waste and spills in the safest and most cost effective manner.
Mr. Conover has worked for 44 years with the Commonwealth of Virginia. He has worked in the State Health Department as an industrial hygienist. He also worked in the Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services where he was actively involved with occupational health, childhood lead poisoning, and air pollution.
Mr. Conover also has worked at the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) where he was active in:
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Office of Emergency Response and Remediation
- Hazardous Materials Chemistry Specialist
- Environmental Crimes
- Terrorism Response & Planning
- Waste Tire Compliance
- Regulated Medical Waste Investigations
- Regional Safety Officer
- Health & Safety Training
- Licensed Asbestos Inspector, Project Designer, and Management Planner